You might have noticed that some of the developers are working with dark version of visual studio while some with light. Looking at their screens, you may have got the urge to change your visual studio’s theme color.How to change color theme in visual studio? #themecolor #visualstudio Click To Tweet
You can switch your selected theme or your default settings post initial setup.
To change your theme, you need to do the following steps:
- Launch the Options dialog from the Tools menu. (Tools -> Options)
- Once the options dialog appears, select the Environment category from the tree view on the left side of the dialog. Under Environment you choose the General options.
- This gives you access to the color theme.
At the time of writing this post, the current version of Visual Studio (i.e visual studio 2015) theme options are Light, Blue, and Dark.
- The default theme is the Light theme.
- The Dark theme provides a high-contrast visual theme (black background with brighter text).
- The Blue theme looks similar to prior versions of Visual Studio.
Navigate to TOOLS and click on Options as shown in the screenshot below:
The General option under the Environment category allows you to change the color theme applied.