Most of freshers (graduates) come up with this query of becoming an ASP.NET Developer. Microsoft.NET is immense and they (freshers) often get confused about how to become an ASP.NET developer? So, just thought of publishing a post which may help someone to become asp.net developer and prosper in his/her career.How to become an ASP.NET Developer #asp.net #developer Click To Tweet
Let’s get started with a basic question – For any job or any profile what is the most needed thing? – Skills, isn’t it?
Skills are the most valuable assets that one has. Majority of us get a job due to our skills.
What skills are needed to become an ASP.NET Developer?
Remember, these days employer mentions Must Have Skills, Desirable Skills & Nice to Have Skills in the JD (Job Description). Therefore, to become asp.net developer, first you need to focus on Must Have Skills. In addition to that, you can work upon Nice to Have Skills and move on advance level.
Must Have Skills
- C# or VB.NET
- SQL SERVER
Nice To Have Skills
- Web Services
- Language Integrated Query (LINQ)
- Entity Framework (EF)
- ASP.NET MVC
- Web API
You must know these two IDE’s (Integrated Development Environment) as you would be using them extensively to develop your code.
- Visual Studio
- SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS)
Note: The above list based on generic experience and career path.
Assuming that HTML is known to you while you start thinking about becoming an asp.net developer or web developer, we have compiled the below guide.
Step by Step guide to become ASP.NET Developer
- First of all, pick a programming language (C# or VB.NET), learn it and make your basics strong.
- Then, take ASP.NET and learn these concepts – Page Life Cycle, Basic Controls, Validation Controls, Gridview etc.
- Furthermore, learn some basic SQL – select, insert, update, delete commands and understand basic database concepts.
- Jump to ADO.NET and start focusing on moving your data from ASP.NET to Database using ADO.NET as an interface.
- Finally, apply all the concepts together and create a web application or website using them.
What do you think?
Questions or suggestions related to this post would be appreciated and answered in timely manner. Please feel free to email us or put your thoughts as comments.
Knowledge is Power
Double your power just by sharing this post along with your friends.